Thursday, November 19, 2015

Why Waste My Energy and Dreams on Complaining?

Lately I have had a really difficult time not complaining about things. It's interesting how we all complain about things from time to time. Isn't it ironic that the more we complain, the worse we feel?

Unfortunately, I have failed in this part of my leadership journey. I have wasted too much time, effort, energy, and words worrying and complaining about things (and people) that I have no control over. Why? It feels great. The more I complain, the better I feel...right? No.

It's hard to think of the benefits of complaining because all of my wasted energy has led to a very negative and depressed outlook of the world and people. Leaders who are complainers are ineffective and have a short shelf life. The moment something gets tough, they complain about something (or someone) and blind themselves from potential solutions.

I am no expert. In fact, the more I give this "pep talk" on leadership, the more I see that I am struggling with this area.  But I have to ask myself, am I willing to sacrifice my hopes and dreams because of temporary feelings and situations? This is a very tall order and interesting way of looking at the annoyances of life.


No comments:

Post a Comment