Sunday, November 29, 2015

The Art of Effective Leadership

I am amazed at how much and how little can be accomplished by a person's ability to work with others. I am convinced that getting things done has nothing to do with a person's education or resume and everything to do with a person's ability to listen to, respect, and work with others.

Some of the most talented leaders in my life have an innate ability to understand the needs of others because they truly listen to the perspectives of others. They respect others whether they agree or disagree with their views. They see the person is more important than the issue they are hiding behind. They are quick to place their egos aside and slow to criticize others.

I am embarrassed to say that I am often a slow learner. I am slowly learning that becoming more effective begins with my attitude towards others. How do you begin? One step at a time.

Points to Ponder:

  • Am I truly listening to another's needs or my wants?  
  • How quickly do I place my ego aside and roll up my sleeves? How slowly do I criticize? 
  • Do I truly respect others? Can I see beyond the issue a person is hiding behind? 

No comments:

Post a Comment